Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I am vain...

I just caught myself polishing the German Badge that I was awarded last night as I walked past it...

That big badge on left (my right) above my name tag is the Gold Badge.

I think I will post a comparison photo later in the week as a pictorial example of why I like the above uniform so much better than the current Green Army Class A/B. The only issue I have with the uniform above becoming the standard is the new class B Uniform, which makes our Soldiers wearing it look like TSA Baggage handlers (see below)

And on another completely unrelated note, I got me some dates lined up! After the unfortunate slow communications fade that was pulled on me by the girl I was seeing before I left for this Army stuff (really, if you have seen someone for more than a month... can't you at least send a note saying it is over? I just find it really cowardly to do that and actually lowers my opinion of those that do it) I am back into the dating pool... yah... (note my enthusiasm)

As a nice corollary for the slow fade I have been told that the girl got back with her ex from 1 year ago and that they just got married... (It's been less than 2 months since I last saw her). Very soap-opraish.... Not like me at all.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Married?! (I've got that scene from 16 Candles running through my head.) I'm never a fan of the slow fade but this takes it to a new level.

The new badge looks awfully spiffy. Congratulations, again.

InfinityKitt said...

Hi there! I'm heading out to BOLCII in Benning and was wondering if I could ask you a couple of questions. Could you email me, please? k.d.doupe@gmail.com Thanks!