- Pretty course. I can't think of the last time I have been through some of these neighborhoods and it was a really great way to see DC
- Overall a fairly level course
- Good crowds. I liked the one neighborhood where people had beer available to the runners (I did not partake. I had been contemplating having beer at the end, but my body disagreed).
- Wow, DC roads are in bad shape. There really is no point where you are not looking at the ground making sure that you have good footing
- Running out of cups. Really people.... this is race management 101. Having people take water/poweraide from gallon jugs was just plain awkward.
- Not training enough. I was destroyed after the run. Like by the time I made it to the Metro with CupcakeGirl? I was warming my hand in her hands. For those of you that know me, that is unheard of. By the time I made it back to Courthouse? Teeth chattering, slight nausea.... I am only feeling human now, some 5 hours after the race.