Tuesday, March 01, 2016

February "Reads"/Reads

Even more miles for my training equals even more miles for me to listen to books. Though it is a slightly (less so than normal) shorter month.
Valhalla (Lexy Vaughan & Steven Macaulay #1)
  • Valhalla (Lexy Vaughan Steven Macaulay #1) - 
    • Not a bad book. But not interesting enough to keep going. It was interesting how the author tied in the airplane recovery into a recovery effort for, of all things, the Vikings and secret cults. Felt like a mediocre Dan Brown novel.
Brothers in Valor (Man of War, #3)
  • Brothers in Valor (Man of War #3) - 
    • Continuation of a fun series. I enjoyed the interesting situations and the clever ways that the captain was able to escape. Based on the ending I am interested to see where this goes.



The X-Files: Trust No One

  • The X-Files: Trust No One - edited by 
    • With a new "season" of The X-Files on tv, it was hard not to buy this anthology to get into the mood and revel in some nostalgia. So I didn't resist and was quite happy with the set of stories. The X-Files feels like returning to your childhood and most of these stories captured the feel of the show. While not every story completely engaged me, the overall set made me feel like I got my money's worth.

No comments: